Monday, April 30, 2012

Emotional Rollercoaster

Lately I have had so many thoughts swimming around my mind. Emotions just won’t give me a break. Right now I am searching, probing to find my Jesus. I want to find my place in His great plan for humanity.
Trials, hurting heart, and troublesome circumstances seem to be taking up my time, heart and mind. Situations seem to be dragging on. I have gone from a spiritual high to a questionable low. 
When you have had that personal experience with Jesus, you cannot go back to anything less. You want to hold on to that amazing, unspeakable personal time you’ve had with Him. When a situation escalates and you lose sight, the devil uses that time to put all kinds of road block in your spirit including confusion. This is a hard feeling. You put your spirit on an emotional rollercoaster.
I am trying to find the answer(s) on my own, but truly I cannot. We do not have any of the real answer(s), only God Almighty can provide us with the answer(s) and direct our paths. As human being we are creatures of habits, we easily revert back to our old ways. Thank the Lord for the Holy Spirit which leads and direct us when we are in Christ.
Sometimes we are so hard on ourselves. God has a plan for every man/woman life, and He created us with and for a purpose. I want to try and be more thankful, especially when I awake in the morning. I want to say to myself one more day to try and please God and live the life that counts, peace, purpose and happiness.
Fulfilling all these things is difficult, but there are ways we can try. About.com gave some suggestions on spiritual growth. Read your bible. Attend church services regularly: it is good to associate with others. Get involved in a ministry group: pray and ask God where you should “plug in”. Pray daily: prayer is simply talking to God. Just be yourself, give thanks to the Lord daily for your salvation. Pray for others in need, pray for direction. Pray for the filling of the Holy Spirit in your day.
Do a nice thing for someone in your day; it will also help to enrich you. I also find the melodic voices of inspired artists also help. This week I find myself listening to Jeremy Camp. Doing these things and not giving up will bring you peace, direction and less confusion.
Psalm 15:1-5 Lord, who may dwell in your sanctuary? Who may live on your holy hill? He whose walk is blameless and who does what is righteous, who speaks the truth from his heart. And who has no slander on his tongue, who does his neighbor no wrong and casts no slur on his fellowman. Who despise a vile man but honors those who fear the Lord, who keeps his oath even when it hurts. Who lends his money without usury and does not accept a bribe against the innocent. He who does these things will never be shaken.

No comments:

Post a Comment