Friday, February 17, 2012

Hypocrite

As a christian we sometimes think that we are always right and that we are better than the next person. We think we are more righteous than all sinners. Matthew 7:3-5 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy bother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? How can you  say to your brother, let me take the speck out of your eye, when all the time there is a plank in your own eye. You HYPOCRITE first take the plank out of your own eye then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Wow how does that make you feel( I say within myself). Judge not lest ye be judged. Jesus never covered up the wrong, but he gave everyone a chance to change their ways by preaching the gospel about how to live and love each other.

I use to do this, and at times I still find myself doing it. It is called self righteousness. Which means having or showing an exagerated awareness of one's own virtuosness or rights, a holier than thou attitude, hypocritical, self-satisfied and sanctimonious. Those are the habits of some people that call themselves "Christ like".

I find myself judging others, I judge my family when they do not do right in my eyes. When I think they are not living life up to my standards. I also judge myself, too harshly at times. Are we not our worst own enemy. Instead of asking God to help us with our inner faults. He looks at a man's heart not what he is wearing or if you are bringing the latest Louis Vitton. 1Samuel 16:7 But the Lord said to Samuel do not look on his appearance or the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man look on the outward appearance but the Lord looks on the heart.

There was a time that I was always worrying about my beauty and my body and the Spirit told me don't worry about the outside God will beautify the inside and it will shine on the outside of you. Instead of putting each other down let us build each other up, we will become stronger. Before my seperation from my husband I use to think I was the "better one", due to the fact that I was going to church, I had excepted Jesus in my life.

My husband was not a christian he smoked, he swore, and was not sure about faith and church or if there was a God. We spoke down to each other. I started mistrusting him, we were heading in different directions. The bible does say that the unbelieving wife/husband is sanctified through the believing spouse(1 Corinthians 7:14) also 1 Corithians 7:13 says you should not divorce if the unbelieving still wants to live with you. When I found these scriptures I recieved knowledge,but as humans we judge first and we actually make a mess of our lives like that.

Then when I started praying to God he opened my eyes and my heart in a new way. Let us ask God to help us in all our problems, and character faults. Let us ask for a pure heart and let us pray to Him who can open our eyes through the Spirit so we may see Jesus in ALL mankind, not just the ones we choose to like or be kind to. Jesus died for ALL not just for some or for those who are "righteous" the bible says our righteousness is like filthy rags.

So let us not be to full of ourselves. Help each other there are alot of hurt and broken souls out there, young and old. As children of the true living God the Spirit will draw our attention to these sins that try to bind us in the world. He spoke to me through others and through the word. Pray and read your bible and let the Spirit of God work within your heart.





No comments:

Post a Comment