Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Women of Strength

Proverbs 31:25-26 She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
Where are the strong women in the twentieth century? Lately I have been taking a close look at young women of today’s society. I am a mother of a beautiful teenager and also an aunt of many nieces. I look back at when I was growing up as a young lady. The things I was taught I took with me to this day.
I was taught to respect myself because I was a lady. I was always taught exceptional manners, not saying good morning or afternoon to an elder would end with trouble. My grandmother always said “manners will take you far”. I was taught that God gave me virginity as a gift. Which was a hard lesson learned when I found out that I was pregnant at the age of nineteen.
Mothers we have to teach our young girls about true identity in life. When did it become exceptable for thirteen year olds to have babies? When did it become exceptable for young girls to dress less than lady like? When did it become normal for our young ladies to have dirtier mouths than the local drunk at a bar?
Women of strength we owe it to our daughters, we have a responsibility to our children. Women of strength loving our children are not just about giving them a lavish life of material possessions, with no substance. Make sure your daughters can speak to you about what is happening in their life, build a bond. We need to nurture them. Show them the right avenues to take in life. We cannot always be their best friends but we can be the best  mothers and role models to them.
There were many astonishing women in the bible. Abigail (1Samuel 25) was beautiful yet intelligent. She was also wise, humble, brave, and courageous. She risked her life to plead for the lives of others, and did not think of herself.
Dorcas (Acts 9:36…) was kind, did many good deeds. She spent her time helping the poor, and widows. When she died many widows and women cried for her. She was loved because she gave love to others. When you or I die will we be remembered? I heard someone said if no one on this earth is speaking good things of you, what are you not doing. Will we leave our young ladies with a legacy?
We need to teach our daughters and young women how to be strong, brave, dignified, caring, loving and persistent in life. . We can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens us. Women of strength pray for the young women around the world who are broken in their spirits, minds, bodies and their souls. As mothers we have the power to help our young women. Let them know that they are special to God. Children are gifts from God and He will hold you responsible if you did not take care of your children. I am proud of my children and I pray everyday for God to help me to be a better mother.
Psalms 139:13-14 for you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made, your works are wonderful, and I know that full well.

No comments:

Post a Comment