Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Appreciation


Do we really appreciate what God has given to us? I believe the answer is no.  I do not think that I have the slightest understanding of what God gave to us here on earth. The weather was so sweet today. The wind played a melody with the leaves from the trees. It blew my hair to hug my face.
I sat watching my daughter and my nephew play so joyously. I laid back and savor the cool breeze and thought, how often do we relax and relish in the nature God gave to us.

I am guilty of not appreciating all the wonderful things in nature that God gave to each of us. How often do we sit in front of a computer, or place ourselves in front of a television.

Why not take a summer night walk and look up at the stars. Take a brisk walk in the winter and let the cold air chase away sadness. Find a park and read our bibles, or a good book.

Why are we so scared to get wet in a spring shower that can wash away our tears? This is something I would like to teach myself to do again. When I was a stay at home mother, I use to go for a morning walk with my daughter. My husband and I would take the children for an evening walk to the park after supper. My family use to look forward to a heavy snow fall in the winter months. We would pack on our jackets, mitts, and boots. The best feeling is the snow crunching under our feet and the dazzling  icicles hanging from the trees.

Now we are too taken up now in Satan’s world of business. Not enough time for family or to enjoy life. We live to work. That is what he wants; for us to be too busy and too tired to enjoy God. As children of God we should not be living like this. He created us wonderfully and gave us this beautiful world to enjoy with the people we love. Creation was a gift.

Psalm 8:3-9
When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars which you have set in place. What is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him? You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor. You made him ruler over the works of your hands; you put everything under his feet. All flocks and herds and the beasts of the field. The birds of the air and the fish of the sea, all that swims the paths of the seas. O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth.

Lord we thank you for waking us up this morning. . Help me to be courageous and strong. Thank you for the rain that washes away all the things that are not needed and for watering the trees and flowers. Help me to be mindful today and not waste the day. Send the latter rain upon all of us in Jesus’ name Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment