Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Doubt


I made this blog so that I may share all my experiences in my new walk with Jesus with you. I did not just want to share the perfect days, but especially the struggles that I have had. Those are the times when I have learned and grew the most in the Lord.

Lately doubt has been plaguing me. I have learned as a new Christian that when life circumstances and also spiritual changes come upon me, the best thing to do is pray to the Savoir to send help. But not to just pray and do nothing but to research my thoughts and feelings to get a better understanding of what is happening and why and how to stop what is taking place in my spirit. The other thing to do is research this feeling or thought to find scriptures that speak about my thoughts. There is nothing that you are going through that you cannot find in the book of life (bible).

Doubt: a status between belief and disbelief, involves uncertainty or distrust or lack of sureness of an alleged fact, an action, a motive, or decision. Doubt came from the Greek word distazo- from dis meaning twice or double.
Trust: reliance on the integrity, strength, ability, surety…of a person or thing. 2) Confident expectation of something; hope.
Faith: confidence or trust in a person or a thing.

I got caught, yes I did. I got caught in the dragon's den. He made me doubt my dear Jesus. He said to me; take a look at your life. He said have all the things God said come true, he plagued me with so many double minded thoughts about my life and he shook the confidence I had in my Lord.

The same Jesus that has brought me through some extremely dark days, the Jesus that always provide for me.  How could I have betrayed Him like that? He said He would never leave me nor forsake me. He said Sadornia I am the same today, tomorrow and forever.

How did I get here? I left an open door to my mind for the devil by letting go of the hand of Jesus. I also doubted my abilities, gifts, and I also doubted God’s promises. The devil took that doubt and ran with it, to make his plan on how to overthrow me.

The devil comes in many different ways. He is the Houdini of darkness. He disguises himself in so many ways, lack of self-confident, doubt, fear, and self-hatred. His face is the worrying about how you will support your family. His face is the abusive husband. His face is the unloving wife. His face is adultery and fornication. He comes as the unruly teen that just ran away from your home. He is your fourteen year old daughter that is pregnant. He is the boss that just let you go from twenty years of service.  He comes as exhaustion so you will not be able to spend twenty minutes in the word of God.  He is the cancer that just took hold of your mother. The devil is these and so much more.

But instead of giving up, and letting doubt and fear capture you say God here it is these are my problems. These are the things that are taking me away from all your blessings and the purpose that you made me for.  God does not want you to doubt him or mistrust him. He is not a liar and he does not go back on his promises.

I should believe in all that my God says and all he has promised.  I should have confidence that he is leading me in the right path and that he has my best interest in heart. I should expect good things from my God. I should have hope in life and that there are many great things awaiting my future.

Romans 14:23 But the man who has doubts is condemned if he eats, because his eating is not from faith, and everything that does not come from faith is sin.

Let us pray today to God for faith, because faith without works is dead. Dear Lord we come to you asking for more faith and trust. We ask that you lead us in the righteous path that you have set out for our lives. Keep our feet from sinking sand, help us to be like the centurion that had such faith in you that he said you do not need to come to my house to heal my servant, but you can do it from where you are. Help us to be planted and deeply rooted in you, that when the storm and scorching sun comes upon us, we will still flourish and be faithful. Help us to look to the future and teach us how to act as Kingdom bound individuals. Continue to be with us and lead us in your path not our own. In the name of Jesus Christ our blessed Savoir and Messiah. Amen.

Music is uplifting, please enjoy these beautiful songs.





No comments:

Post a Comment